Tuesday, August 26

I FALL IN LINE -- PERSUADED BY HILLARY AND BILL

For those who don't follow this blog enough to know, The Sage and I are fiftyish lifelong activist Democrats. The Sage, my hubby, is often quoted here but doesn't participate in posting, but I often reference his wisdom. But here and now, as Big Tent Democrat often says, I speak for myself only.

I now declare that I'm ready to fall in line (reference: Bill Clinton has said, "Democrats fall in love; Republicans fall in line.").

We have five grown free-thinking children, two sons and three daughters. My youngest son (27) has been an avid Obama partisan who has been totally disillusioned by his actions since securing the nomination. My oldest son (32) remains an Obama supporter. Two of our daughters are partisan Republicans, the third (the oldest) is apolitical but leans towards our (her dad's and mine) judgments.

I have been telling my acquaintance for the past several weeks/months, and on this blog, that I haven't "fallen in love" with Obama. I have serious problems with his character, his experience, his electoral tactics. I am a serious Hillary supporter who, surprisingly, started as an Edwards advocate until the debates, at which point I switched my loyalties. Hillary, I began to perceive, was clearly, the most knowledgeable, the most passionate, the most viable candidate to confront the Republican juggernaut.

I was incredibly moved by her speech last night. She pointed out so vividly the choices with which we are confronted. And as I've so often said, I cannot vote for the reactionary John McCain. Tonight Bill sealed the deal for me.

I have no illusions that Barack Obama is going to champion the issues most dear to my heart. I am seriously disillusioned by the DNC and its machinations during this election cycle. I am, indeed, furious at the DNC, its obvious efforts to distance itself from the most successful Democratic political and governmental legacy in the past half-century (the Clinton years),and have seriously contemplated changing my voter registration to Independent. I have been seriously insulted -- but that is not a personal thing, that is a challenge to the DNC -- by the meme that the Clintons are passe. Excuse me? The only successful POLITICALLY and actually successful GOVERNING regime in recent Democratic history?

Why, I wonder, are so many influential and powerful Democrats so eager to erase the Clinton legacy?

I feel completely empathetic with the old Gandhi meme that he would have embraced Christianity were it not for Christians. Similarly, Obama's supporters and the DNC have given me a disgust for their leaders and my party. But we cannot afford four more years of Republican rule. So I will cast my vote for Obama, but it will, in reality, be a vote more AGAINST the Republicans than in favor of BO.

4 Comments:

Blogger Greenconsciousness said...

I was a rabid Hillary supporter. But condi rice had about a hundred programs for Muslim women's liberation in the Office of International Women's Issues in the State Dept. For some of them she raised money from rich women privately to make them operational. 8 regional women's centers in Afghanistan, BW shelters, women police corps, legal training, economic development projects for widows, media projects including a Kurdish women's radio station. Condi Rice started the women of courage networks for Muslim women. I thought Hillary submitted to BO in order to continue that work. She destroyed all these programs for him. Gutted the Office. Used the funds to get ambassadorships for her campaign workers who talk about womens rights to cover the fact they have no programs. BO thinks veils are a choice - so does Hillary.

The first thing women have to do is stop buying the political lie that leaders should be trusted. Hillary supporters will not look at what she has done -- they seem entranced by her speeches. Why I bother here I do not know because I will get the same reaction I always do. But I say to you that your SISTERS are dying under slave status in Iran and Afghanistan not in the white house making pretty speeches to cover the misogyny of both political parties who abandon womens rights at every opportunity.

9:12 AM  
Blogger Greenconsciousness said...

If you doubt what i say use the way back machine to view the state dept Office of International Women's Issues web page under Condi Rice in 2007. You can see all the projects. Condi had a program where our soldiers - female soldiers- opened and protected BW shelters. All gone...

9:16 AM  
Anonymous bobbie martin said...

I'm so excited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of  Dr. Anuge who got me cured from herpes simplex virus (HSV1&2) with his herbs, I never thought that I would live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from herpes, I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for a way to get rid of this disease, the hospital has been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this fateful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how @Dr_anuge7 helped someone in curing his herpes disease using his healing Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, after I received his herbs and I took it as instructed. I was cured permanently from herpes. My herpes disease was gone. so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God used a man to heal me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, people suffering from herpes, brain tumor, kidney disease, pcos, AIDS, ALS,copd, asthma, arthritis,herpes, Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can reach him now via ? Gmail address: dranuge@gmail.com or whatsapp  +2348164866838

8:46 AM  
Anonymous bobbie martin said...

I'm so excited to share my testimonies about the Good Work of  Dr.Anuge who got me cured from herpes simplex virus (HSV1&2) with his herbs, I never thought that I would live on earth before the year runs out. I have been suffering from herpes, I had spent a lot of money going from one Hospital to another looking for a way to get rid of this disease, the hospital has been my home everyday residence. Constant checks up have been my hobby not until this fateful day, I was searching through the internet, I saw a testimony on how @Dr_anuge7 helped someone in curing his herpes disease using his healing Herbs, quickly I copied his email just to give him a test I spoke to him, he told me that he is going to provide the herbal cure to me, which he did, after I received his herbs and I took it as instructed. I was cured permanently from herpes. My herpes disease was gone. so I decided to share my testimony, that nothing is impossible with God, God used a man to heal me. No matter what you are passing through, no matter how deadly the sickness is and no matter what the situation is God that did mine is still going to do yours, people suffering from herpes, brain tumor, kidney disease, pcos, AIDS, ALS,copd, asthma, arthritis,herpes, Cancer,Hpv, any kind of disease, you can reach him now via Gmail address: dranuge@gmail.com or whatsapp  +2348164866838

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home